Date: 13-14 July 2022
Venue: 10 Wellington Road, Coalbrookdale, Telford TF8 7DX
Time: Wednesday, 9am-5pm, Thursday, 9am-3.30pm
Event organiser: Beran
About the event
This year Beran's User Group Conference is taking place at Enginuity, in Telford, Shropshire, an interactive design, and technology centre with interactive exhibits illustrating the historic engineering and technology behind the machines which powered the Industrial Revolution.
We also have a range of case study presentations from leading condition monitoring experts and academia.
Attendance to Beran's User Group event is free of charge, you will need to cover your own hotel, travel, and subsistence costs.
There will be time to interact and network with colleagues and peers at the event.
- Free parking
- Free entrance to Enginuity Museum
- Complimentary refreshments
- Evening BBQ with a complimentary drink
- Presentations by Beran and Prosig on our new products and capabilities
- Case studies from leading industrial condition monitoring experts
- Presentations from academia
- Open workshop on Thursday afternoon to demonstrate products and one-to-one meetings
- SSE, Mr Malcolm Stein, Condition Monitoring Engineer, SSE Thermal
- EDF Energy, Mr Simon Carr, System Engineer – Turbine & Auxiliaries
- Engie, Dr Frits Petit, Expert Engineer Vibrations & Mechanics
- Engie, Mr Kevin Dewaer, Product Manager
- Uniper, Mr Omoruyi Onobhamiukor, Head of Asset Performance Management
- University of Bristol, Professor Nick Lieven
- OneShot Balancing, Mr Joseph Redwine and Mr Roger Honaker, Co-Owners
- RAL Space, Mr Matthew Oxborrow, Test Engineer
- Beran, Mr Duncan Affleck, Global Sales Manager
- Beran, Mr Alexander Niciecki, Systems Engineering Team Leader
- Beran, Mr Peter Morrish, Technology and Customer Support Manager
- Beran, Mr Douglas Graham, Operational Director
- Industry expert speakers
- Real-life case studies
- Networking opportunities with colleagues and peers
- Access to specialist engineers
- Informal learning environment
- Best Western Valley Hotel, Buildwas Road, Ironbridge, Telford, TF8 7DW View map
- Premier Inn Telford Central Hotel, Euston Way, Telford, TF3 4LY View map
- Premier Inn Telford International Centre Hotel, Unit 8, Southwater Square, TF3 4DE View map
- Park House Hotel, Park Street, Shifnal, TF11 9BA View map
- International Hotel Telford, St Quentin Gate, Telford, TF3 4EH View map
- Holiday Inn Telford, Telford International Centre, St Quentin Gate, TF3 4EH View map
- Buckatree Hall Hotel, The Wrekin, Telford, TF6 5AL View map
Watch the video
Meet some of our presenters
Kevin Dewaer, Product Manager, Engie Laborelec
Kevin will be discussing solutions for torsional vibration and providing a case study on torsional vibration cracks in a large steam turbine.
Mal Stein, Vibration Engineer at SSE Thermal
Mal works as a Vibration Engineer in the Equipment Performance Centre. His presentation will provide some insights into vibration analysis and diagnosis of a large steam turbine generator set.
Joseph Redwine and Roger Honaker, Co-Owners, OneShot Balancing
Joseph and Roger are both rotor dynamics specialists and have been using Beran equipment for more than 14 years. Joseph and Roger will be discussing their experience in the industry, specifically vibration challenges and how they use the Beran equipment to solve those issues.
Omoruyi Onobhamiukor, Head of Asset Performance Management at Uniper
Omoruyi will present a root cause analysis of a turbine fault.
Simon Carr, System Engineer-Turbine and Auxiliaries, Heysham 2 Power Station
Simon will be presenting a case study on an HP turbine high-shaft vibration investigation and rectification.