Senior Systems Engineer
Do you want to work for a company whose products help protect the world’s largest wind tunnel? Whose products help maintain helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft around the world including the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Whose products keep our lights on by ensuring the turbines that generate our electricity work at maximum efficiency.
If so, join us in our mission to protect our customers' critical assets by delivering innovative, disruptive, and class-leading products, supported through life.
We are at an exciting point in our journey, with accelerated growth, high internal investment in product development, and ambitions to disrupt the sectors in which we operate. We are looking for highly motivated and capable individuals to help us to achieve our mission.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Systems Engineer to our Torrington office, situated in the spectacular and diverse region of North Devon. The area benefits from unique natural features such as the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty designated coastline and Exmoor National Park. The role will allow us to expand our Systems Engineering capability, enabling us to meet our ambitious product development plans.
You will be joining a multi-functional team within an engineering organisation with strong links across industry and academia, where a combination of a talented and dedicated workforce, robust engineering process, and use of the latest technologies combine to support our customers, operating within some of the most highly regulated Industrial and Aerospace sectors worldwide.
Purpose of the post
As a Senior Systems Engineer working at CMTG you will have the opportunity to both support our range of existing products and shape the future of the products you are tasked to develop, within either the Helitune or Beran portfolios. You will own the systems concept definition, design, development, V&V, and deployment activities, ensuring the needs of the customer are met. authority.
- To use a combination of general and specialist Systems Engineering skills to apply existing and emerging technologies in the development of condition monitoring solutions.
- To maintain and extend a sound theoretical approach to the application of systems engineering technologies.
- To design, develop, deploy, and maintain the processes, systems, services, and solutions associated with systems engineering aspects of condition monitoring products.
- To take an active role in continuous improvement activities.
- To support the development, discussion, and presentation of customer proposals.
- To understand the safety implications of their role and manage, apply and improve safe systems of work.
- To carry out and record the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) necessary to maintain and enhance competence in systems engineering.
- To actively engage in international Engineering Forums to extend their knowledge of the state of the art.
- To work closely with the Engineering Leadership Team to ensure that project and business-wide targets are met.
- To be highly motivated towards providing an end product/service that meets or exceeds expectations.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience developing high-reliability safety-critical products under DO-178C or IEC 61508
- Experience in managing product safety in a regulated industry
- Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and the successful implementation of projects within a product development environment
- Experience working within the Problem Domain, defining the problem, eliciting stakeholder needs, conducting trade studies, and developing concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Hybrid working patterns
- Global reach, CMTG has offices across the globe providing further opportunities for development and progression
- A highly knowledgeable, high-achieving team, with diverse skills and backgrounds
- A culture of continuous improvement, new ideas, and experiences are always welcome!
- Chance to be part of a growing and ambitious company, helping to deliver success
- A competitive base salary plus an evolving benefits package
- To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Careers at CMTG
- Closing Date: 31 October 2022
About the Group
The Condition Monitoring Technology Group (CMTG) offers a wide range of system capability, innovation, and over 35 years of experience. We provide the technologies and services to optimise complex systems, identify potential failures and help our customers to plot solutions, reduce costs and improve safety.
CMTG is made up of Helitune, Semia, SEI, Beran, Prosig, and DJB. The group designs manufacture and supports world-class vibration analysis, conditioning monitoring, and test and measurement solutions for the aviation, power generation, automotive, advanced engineering, defence, and manufacturing industries. CMTG has local sales and support facilities in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and the USA.